This is not your ordinary fried rice. This is supercharged, superfood fried rice.
It has all the energy and nutrients a superhero needs to fight the villains and save the day. It’s clean and fresh tasting, simple and easy to make and 100% delicious, if I may say so myself.
This recipe came from my craving for good ol’ Chinese fried rice, while still wanting to eat healthy. What, isn’t fried rice healthy? Umm, no, not the sort you get from takeaway shops anyway. Msg and pig fat isn’t exactly health food.
But this version is :)
You will love this fried rice.
It features the amazing Brussel sprouts for anti-cancer, bean curds for a hit of protein, coriander for digestion, and carrots and bean sprouts for some fiber, minerals and tasty crunch!
Fried rice has never had a healthier transformation.
- 2 cups of baby Brussels Sprouts trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup of cooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup of diced Extra Firm Bean Curd
- 1 big handful of Bean Sprouts
- 1 large Carrot, diced
- 1 large Shallots, sliced
- 1 knob of Ginger (about 2cm), grated
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 6 garlic Cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp of Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Oyster sauce (I used Vegetarian Oyster sauce)
- 3 drops of Sesame oil
- ¼ cup Bioglan Chia seeds + 1 tablespoon set aside
- A sprinkle of ground white pepper
- 1 small Red Chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup chopped Coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions, grated ginger, garlic and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 5 minutes; remove from wok and place aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add sliced bean curd and stir-fry for 2 minutes until brown.
- Add brussels sprouts, carrots, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add brown rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes. If the rice is sticking on the bottom of the wok, add a few tablespoon of water (up to ¼ cup) to release it.
- Add all the sauces (2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce and 3 drops of sesame sauce) and ¼ cup of chia seeds to rice mixture
- Fold in; add ground pepper and chopped chilli if using, stir-fry for 2 minute more; taste. Adjust the flavour by adding more sauce or season to taste.
- Fold in chopped coriander to finish. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp chia seeds to garnish.
- Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.