I’ve been quite frustrated lately for missing my own deadlines and having a backlog of posts I’ve been wanting to write but never had the time to actually write them. Between working full time (and travelling to and from work), exercising, prepping my meals, eating, sleeping, dog-walking, and maintaining a somewhat balanced life with social events thrown in here and there, I really don’t have a lot of spare time. I probably have about 2-3 hours of free time each day, most of which I spend working on this blog – my passion..
The word passion comes from the Latin word ‘passionem’ which means, “suffering or enduring”. To be passionate about a topic or a person is to be willing to suffer for them. I’m happy to sacrifice my time and energy and suffer (mostly from lack of sleep, little time and no monetary reward) for the pleasure of putting up something online which others may like and/or find useful. So, yes, I am passionate about this blog.
Anyway, to help with the lack of time, I’ve come up with a solution, which may or may not work but I thought I would try it out. I’ve been experimenting with making videos for a few months now and I’ve found that I quite enjoy the video editing process. I’m actually quicker at whipping up a video than a post: for me, talking is definitely faster than writing, and I’m not the most natural writer out there so making video blogs (a.k.a. vlogs) seem to be a perfect solution to share more content in the limited amount of time I have available.
So here is my first episode of my vlog series, which will consist of my weekly recap and any specific topics I want to cover each week. This week it is my one of my how-to-guides which I’ve been wanting to share for a while: How To Be A Healthy Foodie.
Hope you like it.
Summary and resource links from my weekly recap:
- Greenilicious Cook Book launch. Delicious, vegan friendly cookbook. Check it out.
- Essentialism – The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. Highly recommended for busy people.
- The Cruelty Free Festival. It’s on this Sunday 26 October 2014. I’m going :)
How To Be A Healthy Foodie
- Eat More. Eat more of the good stuff so you eat less of the ‘bad’ stuff. Action: Follow Popeye and eat more spinach :)
- Drink More. Drink more water. Action: Drink 600ml of water upon waking up (it will also help with weightloss).
- Sleep More. Sleep is when you gain muscle, lose weight and regenerate. Action: Get at least 6- 7 hours of sleep everyday.
- Move More. The benefit of exercise goes beyond weight-loss. It’s key to good health. Action: Run, jog, walk, crawl – just do something.
Hope these four tips are useful and give you something to think about. These things are easy to do but are also easy not to do. Give them a go. Try implementing one or all of them consistently for four weeks and see how you feel.
Do you like the video, the format, or the topic? Do you have any tips you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment or three :)